Friday 16 November 2012

Home


So I came yesterday evening. I got here at about seven due to finishing lectures at five. As soon as I got in I was greeted by the warmth of central heating and a hug of Dad. I had already met mum on the street and we went to get Diet Coke. I had my tea (dinner, whatever you want to call it) cooked for me. Lay on the sofa and watched TV with mum. It was just lovely.

It's the first time in a while I've felt fully content. Just really, really happy. There is still the worry and fear of death. It came to mind when I hugged dad - thinking of my friend's Dad - but it eased away.

Right now I am in my dressing gown and a knitted jumper with my penguin slipper socks. I am watching TV - a luxury that I don't have at my uni house. I made myself lunch from a full fridge and cupboards - a muller corner, kit kat and nice bread all things that I don't get at uni. I feel looked after. I think that's the lovely thing about being home - you feel more like a kid again. You don't have to think about yourself, your parents are doing that for you.

I don't know, I was trying to work it out earlier, why I love being home so much. Probably a million and one reasons. I'm just so happy that I'm here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment